I wanted to try something new with my smoothie and I always see Kale in smoothies so I decided to give it a whirl. I used a bunch of ingredients that I had just gotten in my share from the organic buying club.
Here’s what I used:
- Soy milk, about a cup or so — you can also use regular milk or almond milk or whatever you like
- 3 strawberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 banana, cut into chunks
- Leaves from 4 stalks of red kale, stems removed and sliced
- 1/4 Avocado, cut into chunks — I used a Florida avocado which is about 4 times as big as a Hass Avocado
You can also add yogurt but since I didn’t have yogurt I did not use any. Chobani would probably be good though!
- Add everything in the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds to a minute. You may need to push the fruit down in the middle.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
This smoothie was sooo good! and I wasn’t hungry again for about 5 hours. Enjoy.