This recipe is delicious! I used an aioli garlic mustard sauce from Trader Joe’s, which added a great tangy flavor, while the panko bread crumb mixture added a nice crunchy texture. This is also super easy so you must try it!
What you’ll need:
- 2 Tilapia fillets
- Aioli garlic mustard sauce (or your favorite mustard mixed with a little mayo)
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Drizzle some olive oil in a baking dish, and set aside
- Mix the last 6 ingredients in a food processor and pulse about 6 times.
- Put mixture out onto a plate
- Cover one side of tilapia fillets with the mustard
- Put tilapia, mustard side down, onto the breadcrumb mixture. Then cover the other side with mustard and cover both sides with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place into baking dish and cook for about 15 minutes
I made brown rice and salad as side dishes. If you make rice, make sure you start it before you start making the fish since most rice takes 30-60 minutes to cook.
I paired a White Bordeaux (60% Semillion, 40% Sauvignon Blanc) with this dish, but it was too light to stand up next to the tangy mustard. So, I would suggest an off-dry Riesling or a Chardonnay.