I LOVE SALMON! And this recipe is to DIE for. Seriously, it contains all my favorites: salmon and ginger. I absolutely love ginger. The picture at the top of this blog is of this recipe. Yea it’s amazing.
I grilled this salmon but you could also broil or saute. Here’s the grill I put together! AND it works! ….BAM!
I also made my Grandpa’s Caribbean salad to go with it. The salad is super easy. Make in advance so the juices can soak in…trust me it makes a HUGE difference. Should you choose to make the salad, you’ll need: (This recipe is for two people)
- 1/2 head of lettuce diced
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 2 limes
- 1 medium yellow onion
Mix all ingredients together with some salt and let them soak in the fridge. Then work on the salmon.
OK! so here is what you need: (this recipe is for 2)
- Salmon for 2 people – I think I did 5 oz. each
- Fresh ginger root (get fresh!) minced
- Cilantro chopped 1/8 cup
- Garlic- 2 cloves minced
- Low sodium soy sauce about 3 tbsp
- Honey 3 tbsp
- Pepper and Salt (I didn’t use much salt because soy sauce has lots of it)
- Olive oil
Preheat the grill to medium high
- Mix the cilantro, garlic and ginger together with some olive oil
- Cut slits into the bottom of the salmon against the grain of the scales (about 6 total) and stuff with the herb mixture.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and some pepper
- Mix the honey and soy sauce in a small bowl
- Put salmon on the grill skin side down for about 4 minutes, flip over and grill for another 4 minutes. Brushing with the soy sauce mixture every 30 seconds or so.
Sorry again that the food is half eaten when you see it. I get excited. You’ll understand when you eat this.